Board index   FAQ   Search  
  Login
Board index Welcome!

Hello & Welcome to all recent newbies...

You will need to register or sign in to view topics on this forum.

New user registration is part of the "Join Us" form available at www.uklp.org.uk.

Hello & Welcome to all recent newbies...

Postby Teflon » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:31 pm

Just a quick "hello" to all the recent new members on the forum. As far as possible I try to keep up with you all but have had few months or so where for various reasons I have not been able to spend much time on the forum - so an apology from me to all of you.
I am going to try and work my way through all of the new posts over the last 3 months and respond accordingly over the next couple of weeks - please bear with me! Having LP in whatever form can be lonely , and the point of a forum like this is to help you not to feel lonely! It has been quiet on here of late...and not just because I haven't been here. I will try and get some momentum back so if you are reading this and can say a few words in response to another poster - please do! Even if it just to say Hi - know how you feel!

Take care ...best wishes from your treasurer.
We do not stop playing because we grow old......we grow old because we stop playing!
Teflon
UKLP Radical
UKLP Radical

Type of LP: Multiple

Re: Hello & Welcome to all recent newbies...

Postby Esther » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:43 am

Hello All

My name is Esther and I am new to this forum. Can someone get back to me. I would love to meet people in and around the Chester area.

Cheers
Esther
Novice
Novice

Postby Baalamb » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:36 pm

*wave*
Hello, I am new on here and just getting to know how to find my way around. I was diagnosed with olp and vlp this week, though have been suffering for two years without knowing what the problem is. Now have the support of a good MDT and commencing treatment with prednisolone suppositories. Am looking forward to getting to know other sufferers and sharing tips and experiences.
Baalamb
Novice
Novice

Postby may » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:42 pm

Welcome to the site :)

It is good to have a look around and get tips ect,
To also not feel alone I have found it very helpful.

Hope you all keeping well
Best wishes
May *wave*
may
Active UKLP Citizen
Active UKLP Citizen

Postby debbieclaph » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:49 am

Hi I have just joined been diagnosed with Oral Lichen Planus two weeks ago trying to find more information the dentist has given me a mouth wash which worked well then I asked for another prescription and they gave me something different. I did make sure it didn't contain alcohol but it still burns. is this right? I think I might go see my GP the dentist also referred me for a biopsi
debbieclaph
Novice
Novice

Postby may » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:28 pm

Hi and Welcome to the site,

Sorry to hear you are suffering, I have vlp and olp If my mouth is sore i swish around pure coconut oil or olive oil i find it soothing i do use coconut oil quite often and swish around for a while .
It is a matter of trying different things to see what suits as we all different .
I don't think a mouthwash should burn that does not sound good.

I use Biotene mouthwash and toothpaste which was recommended by somebody on this site
of which i have found helpful.
You can buy in boots or online boots now which is great as i used to get from America.

I also have a spray given to me by the dental hospital which helps if i have a sore patch .
There are certain foods which i was told to avoid Tomatoes being a main one.
I was diagnosed about 4 years ago as like most of us quite shocked it sort of appeared out of nowhere the site is helpful to get tips ect.

Take care
Best Wishes
May *wave*
may
Active UKLP Citizen
Active UKLP Citizen

Postby Teflon » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:23 am

Teflon wrote:Just a quick "hello" to all the recent new members on the forum. As far as possible I try to keep up with you all but have had few months or so where for various reasons I have not been able to spend much time on the forum - so an apology from me to all of you.
I am going to try and work my way through all of the new posts over the last 3 months and respond accordingly over the next couple of weeks - please bear with me! Having LP in whatever form can be lonely , and the point of a forum like this is to help you not to feel lonely! It has been quiet on here of late...and not just because I haven't been here. I will try and get some momentum back so if you are reading this and can say a few words in response to another poster - please do! Even if it just to say Hi - know how you feel!

Take care ...best wishes from your treasurer.

I spoke too soon after posting the above...unfortunately my son's wife miscarried triplets 2 weeks after I posted that........life has been a bit hectic and traumatic since, but hopefully we are now back on a more upward curve!
But of course all the stress has set my LP off big time...grrrr!

Best Wishes to you all.
We do not stop playing because we grow old......we grow old because we stop playing!
Teflon
UKLP Radical
UKLP Radical

Postby may » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:11 pm

Hi Teflon,

So sorry to hear your sad news,
Im not surprised you have a flare up, So annoying just what you could do without at the moment.

Take care
best wishes
May *wave*
may
Active UKLP Citizen
Active UKLP Citizen

Postby Patsy » Wed May 18, 2016 6:48 pm

Hi
I've just joined this group and am looking forward to reading the posts. I know I don't have a bad case of this condition, and to be honest I've more or less diagnosed the condition myself. I had lichen planus on the tongue 10 years ago and some months later found I had lichen sclerosis in the vaginal region. For the last two years I had found intercourse excruciatingly painful internally. Doc and gynaecologist all put it down to post menopausal condition and I was given the usual Hrt cream, which I'd been on before. This made no difference at all and my doc won't keep prescribing it anyway. We discussed lichen planus and he more or less agreed it could be this. But he didn't think there was anything he could give me to help, except vaginal moisturiser. This created another problem. Fishy smelling discharge. My worry is no one has suggested a biopsy, it could be something else. And what about any other treatment. Fortunately I have a very understanding husband, but still it makes me very fed up.
Patsy
Novice
Novice

Postby may » Thu May 19, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi Patsy
Welcome to the site,
It has been a bit quite at the moment, Which happens sometimes but the site is very good for tips and to not feel alone. Which i think is the main thing,
I totally understand how you feel I have a good husband too but i still get really sad about the whole thing Thankfully I have improved to how i was 4 years ago still get flare ups stress does not help .

I am all over the site if you want to read any of my posts also on the Female site .
I suffered for a long time as my Gp kept on telling me it was menopause and gave me all the products for menopause which made it worse.
I do think if you want a biopsy you should insist , I had a Biopsy to confirm vlp, even just to put your mind at rest.
I use Emulsifying wax to wash and moisture with ( reccommended by my Gyne )
very slippy though.
I also use a product called Yes as a moisturiser everytime i go bathroom boring i know but it helps. I also use suppositries called Key .e by Carlson at night which have been a life saver for me.

I put these products on the site all the time incase it might help 1 person . I have never had any feedback though so dont know if it has been tried by anybody on the site, I have 3 friends who I bought the Emulsyfing wax for who have dryness from menopause they use all the time now and have bought for their friends so cheap under £5.00 but effective it is worth a try, I am always trying things for some reason I think Im going to cure myself !!

Maybe ask your Gp to refer you ( we have a vulva clinic once a month at our local hospital ) Although I found this myself after 2 years Shame my Gp didnt know about this !! Worth asking it was this clinic that did the biopsy.
Take care,
Best Wishes
May *wave*
may
Active UKLP Citizen
Active UKLP Citizen

Next

Return to Welcome!